1. Three hours into your first self imposed blogging break in 12 months you find yourself taking notes on your phone while your sick toddler sleeps in your lap.
2. You check Facebook and can’t figure out why there are no reach stats on your posts. You realise you’re on your personal profile and switch to your Pages Manager app.
3. You take photos of an interesting scene while muttering to yourself ‘This’ll make a great Wordless Wednesday post’.
4. You find a great new online retailer. You check to see if they have an affiliate program.
5. You know what an affiliate program is.
6. Your toddler vomits all over the car* and your first thought is ’10 Reasons Car Travel With Toddlers Sucks’
7. You then spend the rest of the day trying to think of another 9 reasons.
8. You eventually rename the post ’37 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Have Children’.
9. You get to writing #28 and feel guilty. Instead of indulging in chocolate and self flagellation you write a post called ‘Why Children Are The Most Wonderful Thing That Will Ever Happen To You’.
10. You put the kids to bed and spend £3 boosting the promotional post on Facebook to make yourself feel better.
11. You wonder (again) why on earth Facebook is charging you in British pounds when their head office is in California.
12. You spend 35 minutes in bed on your phone trying to figure out if you can change the currency and eventually fall asleep, vowing to take a day off blogging tomorrow.
13. You wake up the next morning and write a post called ’13 signs you’re addicted to blogging’.
* This has never actually happened to me. But I imagine that if it did…